Westin Sydney

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by The Winger, Jun 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently stayed here for a few nights on points and really enjoyed my time here. We arrived at the hotel at about 830 am on a Saturday and was granted an early checkin and the room we had on the SPG floor faced the clock tower and was very large, clean and bright, the bathroom was especially large. Every staff member we met was very friendly and helpfull. Location was excellent for exploring the city, and a quick walk to Circular Quay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

2. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Westin is usually the place I stay in SYD too.
    I've never received a suite though as a Platinum but I always got wearly checkin 09:00am without any fuss, which is always important after the longhaul from Europe.
    The lounge is also quite nice !

Downunder girl and uggboy like this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Much enjoy this hotel, and it has just a ton of character. :cool:

uggboy likes this.
  4. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is our favourite Sydney hotel. I love the bathrooms in the Tower.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had another stay at this property last weekend. Have to say they continue to be consistent with the quality of their rooms.

My biggest disappointment with this property is lack of WIFi in the rooms. It is great to be able to get free internet in the lobby but I guess my expectation these days is that I can get internet anywhere on demand.

uggboy likes this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is the best non-view hotel in Sydney. I've stayed here a dozen times and really have never had a problem.

They do get aggressive on pricing, and jack up the rates (up 75%) on the remaining rooms if they're close to selling out. Not unlike an airline, but a bit unusual for a hotel.

Sheraton on the Park, also SPG, is just a few blocks away and also very nice for the flag. More traditionally styled, sotp is definitely the best Sheraton I've ever been to.

Toula, uggboy and Downunder girl like this.
  7. Big fan of this hotel as well. A high quality Westin property-- we found it to be a good use of Starpoints as the nightly rate was high. Love the history of the structure but also loved my very modern room with a view of the clock tower.

Toula and uggboy like this.
  8. Stealth Traveler
    Original Member

Stealth Traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even over New Years, the lounge staff knew you by name and we never waited on a drink or snack in the evening and they kept it moving at breakfast. If the lounge filled up for breakfast, they quickly sent you downstairs for the full breakfast spread in the main area which was awesome.

9. Downunder girl
    Original Member

Downunder girl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I usually stay at the Sheraton on the Park (its my fave SPG hotel in Sydney), but I am going to try out the Westin for a change. What should I expect as far as suite upgrades go?

10. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reports of suite upgrades are rare at the Westin. Expect a much more personalised lounge experience than at SotP but the food options are more limited

Jeff

11. yalebulldog99

yalebulldog99 New Member

Status Points:
    Too bad the Sheraton on the Park's service leaves something to be desired and their management is questionable at best. Despite being good guests who were top tier elite, we were treated like garbage. We did get an upgrade and the lounge had good food options, but the service was sub-par. Disappointing.