Westin San Francisco Airport (SFO)

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Wurm, Mar 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a recent overnight stay here, and it was a good overall stay. I was on a weekend AAA rate, quite reasonable.

Shuttle service runs from the airport every 20 minutes, between 04:00 and midnight (call during the wee hours). Use the upper airport level to get the shuttle. If driving, the hotel is at the first exit (Millbrae Avenue) immediately south of the airport on the Bayshore Freeway (US 101).

The desk personnel were friendly and welcoming; I was on my way within a minute or so (but did not feel rushed). Standard Westin room; LCD flat-panel television with both analog and digital channels :) Confortable leather desk chair was a help; a power outlet extension bar ensured that one does not need to crawl on the floor to plug in one's electronics. I didn't need the hotel's Internet, as my prepaid Rover account gave me 4G speeds :cool: I think the Internet link was $12.95 per day (correction welcome). Very good water pressure in the heavenly bath, robe was provided in my standard room (a plus).

The restaurant closes early (Friday night, at 21:00). However, the full menu is served in the bar, which allowed me to enjoy my dinner while watching the NCAA playoff game (I had a tasty salmon vegetable soup and a very good pulled pork sandwich on a good-quality roll), The bartender doubled as waiter and was excellent.

Soundproofing is very good (no ambient airport/airplane noise), and checkout and shuttle for the short ride back to SFO were flawless.

SPG points posted overnight, although a couple of bonuses are pending (Ts and Cs say 2 to 3 weeks, so no problem).

Downunder girl and gleff like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Glad you had a smooth stay, as I have my in-laws staying there in a week.. :)

3. Downunder girl
    Original Member

Downunder girl Silver Member

Status Points:
    How does this property compare to the Sheraton Four Points at SFO? I have been upgraded to a bi-level suite there in the past. It was basic but quite spacious.

Thanks in advance :)

4. Chad
    Original Member

Chad Silver Member

Status Points:
    At my one and only stay at this property they opened up the gift shop for me so I could buy some late night empty calories - thought that was quite nice of them. As the till was locked they just charged the goods to my room.

They also have a platinum voucher for a (very limited) free breakfast in the restaurant.

Can't comment re: comparison with four points.

Downunder girl likes this.
  5. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    The four points is newer looking IIRC and is north of the airport (vs south). It's a Four Points vs Westin though - different brands and in both cases you can make reasonable expectations.

The Westin is definetely older at least in the common areas - the bar area in particular I recall being really in need of an upgrade. If you want to hop on the BART easily, you can walk from the Westin pretty quickly.

Downunder girl likes this.
  6. DHahn
    Original Member

DHahn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think it was upgradeable to full breakfast.