Westin Playa Conchal Costa Rica Resort

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by cotter77, Oct 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    the playa conchal is all inclusive
    redemptions available at 20-25k points per night and 5th night free can apply according to the CSR i spoke with.
    Is this at least a decent value for SPG points? its def expensive but for the peak travel time it would otherwise be $700+ per night

uggboy likes this.
  2. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    it's a large, well done hotel. almost none of the rooms have ocean views, but the beach is very pretty. giant pool, good resort-style golf course. was formerly a Melia Paradisus brand.

Quasiconvexity and uggboy like this.
  3. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    as for value, depends upon how highly you value those points. this is definitely a luxury all-inclusive property on a tropical beach, so it seems like a pretty decent deal to me...

Quasiconvexity and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    ..........as long all the "all-inclusive" benefits included! Good value for a great hotel IMHO!:)

5. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've got a reservation here for 2 people, 21,500 per night, four nights. Don't know if I blew it on five-for-four, but I'm not sure if we could even stay for 5.

I tried to get more names on this room, but max of two at the base point level, I guess. So I have to pay for the other room for two people - not cheap. The best rate I got is $505/night. So that gives me 2.3c/point, which is pretty good. Doesn't account for the points I'd earn (and the nights, since I have to borrow my friend's points on this one) but I need to use more points and less $$ these days.

Can't wait for the trip!