Westin National Harbor Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by singtx, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since we going to the Ice show at National Harbor, we decided to burn some free nights before they expired.

There is a garage across the street (first left after hotel, garage is on the left), only $12.00 per 24 hours...much cheaper than the Westin.
    Check-in was flawless as there were zero people waiting... nice FD staff. Brought our dog, no waiver, and staff was friendly with our dog. Was asked about Plat points, but he offered 4 breakfast certs...so took that over 500 points. Upgraded to 6th floor, water view...maid was in hallway, so requested a few water bottles and got them with a smile. All the restaurants in the area were booked solid for a Saturday night...make reservations if youre planning on being in the area...opentable has several of them listed.

Had one drink in the lobby bar...good service with expensive drinks (normal around here).
    Breakfast was good, two options, Harborview or Continental...drinks come with the certs although not listed. Great service in the restaurant...I mean outstanding....we doubled her tip, she was that good...

They charged the rooms to my AMEX, but a trip to the front desk removed all charges for the rooms...They charge around 80 a night to SPG for award stays...so that was interesting to see the value of a "free" night

I would stay here again if needed.

No lounge, great service, expensive lobby bar drinks, nice atmosphere.

2. Chris H
    Original Member

Chris H Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. Did you get the impression that this was a mix-up? Has anyone else been "accidentily" charged for a points stay?

3. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    It sometimes shows up on the folio. I just completed 5 nights at the W Fort Lauderdale and the folio said they got paid around 980USD for our stay

4. Chris H
    Original Member

Chris H Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did they at first charge your card $980, or just show that SPG had to pay that?

5. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    No, just showed the price. Hyatt has charged me for free nights a couple of times, not Starwood though

6. Chris H
    Original Member

Chris H Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I understood singtx's post, they actually charged the rooms to his card and he had to get them reversed. Just curious is this was a random glitch, or something that this property does with some frequency due to carelessness or a system glitch (or corporate greed [​IMG]).

7. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are correct, they charged my AMEX...Front desk said it was a mistake of a new employee...besides this glitch, I was very pleased with the overall stay. Wish they had a lounge like the Westin Alexandria!

8. Chris H
    Original Member

Chris H Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thought so - and despite my comments, I figured it was probably something like a new employee glitch. Not to mention, I'm sure we would have heard by now if it was happening all the time.