Westin Kyoto

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by marcwint55, Sep 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

We just checked into the Westin in Kyoto a few hours ago. As an SPG gold they upgraded us to the executive level rooms. The room with two beds was fine for my two kids that came with us. The room with the king bed would not have been comfortable for me alone, but with my wife it was not acceptable. I spoke to the front desk and they offered me an upgrade to a suite for 7000 yen more. Upon looking at it, I was not impressed and once again asked if something better were available. This time I was shown a spacious one bedroom suite of about 925 square feet. The cost was 10,000 yen more per night and it was well worth the money considering that breakfast and drinks are now included, and we can eat in the restaurant or the executive lounge.

The furniture is a bit dated as is the hotel, but the view is beautiful and the price we are paying (10000 yen for the twin room and 20,000 yen for the suite) is excellent.

The employees are very pleasant and so far the service is excellent.

I will post additional updates as we are here for four nights.
    akuroda, sendaiben and MX like this.