Westin IAD (Dulles)

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Punki, Jul 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    We spent the night at the Westing Dulles because the only way we could get last minute first-class award tickets to Rome was to spend the night at Dulles. We spend the next day visiting a vendor, turning it into a legitimate business trip. ;)

This is a new hotel and easily accessed by car or airport shuttle. It had those nice double shower heads which I love, love, love and the bead was, of course, heavenly. We also, as platinums, got a very nice free breakfast.

All in all if was a perfectly fine stay--nothing spectacular, but it certainly met all of our (very spoiled) need/wants.

The best part is that this stay gives us twelve full stays or 4 FREE resort nights under the wonderful new SPG promotion. Yeah!

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

2. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes i love this hotel also. I spend 50% of my work schedule in the DC area between downtown dc and the dulles corridor. This is one of the better hotels by the iad airport, amazing breakfast ( i love the organic bfast westins offer), nice sized rooms, shuttle to airport, and cheap rates for weekends. Free parking in the garage and attentive staff. I also highly recommend this hotel.. Another good westin in the area is the one in reston. The westin reston heights, a step up room wise, amazing outdoor area, and the restaurant has a winery contained within it ontop of a yummy menu..... SPG never disapoints in this area....