Westin Fort Lauderdale Corporate Drive

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by avflyer, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just checked out of this hotel. While the rooms are standard mid-level Westin, the hotel is very nicely kept. The service is very good, and the Platinum benefits are outstanding.

The only thing wrong with the service was the measly two bath towels alloted per evening. What's up with that? Anyway, they treat Platinums extremely well. On top of the free internet, upgrade blah, blah, blah, they give you....wait for it....50% off on food!! Not just dine in food mind you, but room service as well!! Not only that, but they have a reserved parking area for Plats. FREE!

The staff was extremely professional and friendly. We will definitely return if business calls to the FLL area.

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. AC_MM
    Original Member

AC_MM Silver Member

Status Points:

I agree a nice hotel, stayed here last year and got a large upgraded room. I also liked the reserved parking and the rates were not bad at all.

3. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    For non-Plats, the parking charge rankles - as its street address suggests, the hotel is located in a suburban office park; IMO there is no real justification for the parking charge other than profit generation, My theory about the the super-elevation of Plat treatment is that they are trying to beat out the nearby Sheraton Suites and full-service Marriott for travelers who are visiting or taking training at the Citrix headquarters (down the street, although Citrix has expanded into one of the buildings adjacent to the Westin).

Because they do a lot of cruise group business, they are not as busy in the low season, and often have good promo rates. I've done a few mattress runs here, and staff has always been very good.

flyingdawg likes this.