Westin DFW Review

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by perryplatypus, Aug 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed at the Westin DFW a few times and I have always had pretty good experiences at this property. The staff is always friendly and as a lowly Gold I always tend to get nice room upgrades here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NYBanker, flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  2. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Interesting is that this time they offered me a upgraded room as a amenity but I opted for the points but they did give me a room on the SPG Floor.

[​IMG]

This property does not have a club/lounge. It does have a nice fitness center and a roof top pool. And a full service restaurant.

[​IMG]

The only bummer about this property is that now it is completely valet parking. If you do not book a room with a parking package then you will be charged for it. They also use their parking lot as a park and fly for the locals and charge $8 if you just want to park and use their shuttle to the airport. I usually say at the SPG Element down the street which is typically cheaper, has free parking and a free hot breakfast. But this hotel works great when in a pinch.

mrredskin, flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  3. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here once and was upgraded to one of the suites on the corner and had a nice view of planes on approach, two years ago. needed some work. hallway had random debris and a few minor issues in the room. Regardless, it was a nice cash and points stay.

Also watched the Cowboys-Redskins game at the restaurant bar when we beat them :)

uggboy, perryplatypus and flyingdawg like this.
  4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    They're valet-only now? This was my go-to DFW airport hotel... not anymore!

perryplatypus likes this.
  5. sicemdawgs

sicemdawgs Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it just me or does that room look no better than one from Best Western?:eek:

perryplatypus likes this.
  6. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Yes they recently changed it and car parking is run by an outside company. If you park there you now have to register your car at the bell desk with you license plate number and such. If you have the parking package you basically are allowed to park in front of the hotel where the valet parking slots are.

flyingdawg and sicemdawgs like this.
  7. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Mike, I should add that this property seems to run a lot of special with parking included. So if you really need to stay there look for the parking deal.

flyingdawg likes this.
  8. Pa Kettle
    Original Member

Pa Kettle Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't seen that many Best Westerns with flat screen tv's and Heavenly Beds, but YMMV. :D

9. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    The suites are much nicer. They come with a coin operated massage bed :D

sicemdawgs likes this.
  10. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a terrible stay here. Will never go back.

Despite what appeared to be a good process of getting my name, telling exactly what door for pickup, and taking my cell number the driver I waited 25 minutes for flew by me at 20mph with not even a brake tap despite my waving. Called desk and they said they would send him back. He shows after 10 more mins. I run into the road and he stops.

I get on and find other unlucky travelers who have apparently been going round and round DFW - one man said it was his 4th turn back and he was serious. And then we went round 2 more times to get others. Each group that boarded was exasperated. It took nearly 1 hr to get to the hotel after calling. First world problems I know and the job of driver is hard but this guy was a failure last night.

I wish it was just him but the the single and late AM shuttle (was told there were 3 running at 6:30 - not today) was packed leaving many other people behind.

The am driver operated with children in an unsafe situation - sitting in a luggage rack - seriously.

Only plus was a suite but the hotel itself has noisy hallways and door latches so every nearby guest wakes you with their key card and door latch making you think someone is coming in your room.

Never again. Only GH DFW or HR DFW in the airport from now on.