Westin Crown Center Kansas City - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by JasonH, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JasonH
    Original Member

JasonH Silver Member

This hotel is attached to the Crown Center shopping area and Union Station, allowing visitors to move about without going outside. It is not located in the intercity area so the food options are a bit limited.

The wife and I really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. As a disclaimer we had just come from 4 days at her sister's where we slept in a camper trailer at night under 5 blankets and spent the day in the presence of 4 under-10 boys and one under-1 baby as well as various parental units tied to each of those children and her parents as well.

I booked this hotel for its proximity to the National World War 1 Museum and got a mid-week rate of US$92.76 a/i. We arrived very early (10:45am) and I actually expected to have them hold our bags and then check in after the museum, but instead we were checked in, upgraded (?) to a 14th floor city view room, and given our coupon book for the Crown Center. The room view was great and my wife was tickled that the T-Rex outside Union Station was wearing a Santa Hat (he was photographed and named San-T-Rex [​IMG]).

After the museum and a bit of shopping we grabbed some food from the Crown Center and headed back to the room to unwind. My wife was just getting over a headcold so while she rested I went back into the shopping fray armed with the coupon book from the front desk. It saved me about US$10 on a few little gifts and trinkets (as well as US$4 at the museum!).

The room was comfortable and the service we got from the front desk was very good. I don't know if I would stay in this hotel again, only because it is more of a shopping and conference hotel, but the proximity to the museum I wanted to see and the service we received was excellent.

As an added bonus we didn't need 5 blankets, weren't in a camper, and weren't woken up at 6am by her father banging on the door wanting us not to "waste the day in bed." [​IMG]