Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, PA

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by singtx, Oct 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    One night stay here with our Dog. Was upgraded to a huge room (maybe a Jr Suite). Check-in was quick and the FD was great. Explained all the perks, late check-out, internet, etc. Everyone was very friendly with our Dog...he had a lot of love from the staff. Downtown is boring and everything closes early so we ended up eating at the Hotel. Decent food and great service. They ran out of Sam Adams Oktoberfest. boooo! Was busy as it stayed open 1 hour past all other restaurants. Room was clean but bathroom had some service lapses (i.e. multiple strands of hair, slightly dirty, etc). I wasnt overly impressed but happy with the price paid and level of service. I have no idea if I would return.

Jslo, JohnDeere19 and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting insights, sounds like a so so experience, big thanks for the brief review!:)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've staid there over the pas few years as well, staff is usually very friendly, prices can vary, but they also have the pay-your-birthyear promo's and such they participate in often. Bathrooms are usually small for my taste, though room size is usually nice. I like the views on the higher floors.

4. studio253
    Original Member

studio253 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Every time I'm in the Burgh the rates here are through the roof, by Pittsburgh standards. Somewhere around $275+/nt.

5. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review! Interesting as I read this post- my work NEVER takes me to Pittsburgh for some reason. My typical routine stops are Chicago, LA, San Fran, Dallas, Grand Rapids, Indy, Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, Winston-Salem, NYC, YVR, Phoenix, even Philly once in a moon, plus a bunch of Asia cities.....but no Pittsburgh!