Westin Chosun, Seoul - Review

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Sep 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got back from a nice stay at the Westin Chosun, Seoul celebrating my engagement.

Location: The hotel is located in the middle of Seoul off the Euljiro 1-ga subway station. It has a great central location just a short walk from many places including the Myeongdong shopping area and City Hall.

Room: We were in a regular room which was nicely furnished and had all the required amenities but not a whole lot extra. The room size was decent considering it was in such a dense area but the bathroom is a little on the small side. We had a garden view which was of the temple next door which was nice and perhaps made it a little quieter.

Dining: Had a buffet breakfast each day at the Aria restaurant on the bottom floor which was very good. They have multiple stations serving different items so the variety of items was great.

Overall: A nice hotel in a great location in a cool city to hang visit.

freebird, sobore, whkwon10 and 2 others like this.
  2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thx for the review!

3. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review, because I'll be there for six days in October.

4. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just added 5 more days, So, I'll be staying for 11 days

5. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like you'll have plenty of time to explore Seoul. My understanding is that this is during the typhoon/wet season so make you take advantage of the dry days to get out to the more outdoor activities.

6. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    Luckily, the weather was sunny while we were in Seoul. However, we missed the free PSY concert in Seoul Square. Our room had the view of the Seoul Square, but we were checking out of Chosun hotel on the day of free concert :( Although we didn't get to see the Gangnam Style concert; however, we did experience the Gangnam Style in person. That was fun..

7. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a one-night stay here on business in mid-September 2013.

Good

Great location in town next to the Lotte department store.
    Classical Westin (even has a piano player in the lobby).
    Attractive property.
    Pleasant and competent staff.
    Good platinum recognition (upgrade to 'junior suite' and breakfast in the lounge).
    Great bedding and the best sleep I have had for a while.

Bad

Very crowded in the lounge for breakfast -had to wait for table. Some customers were directed to main restaurant but I wasn't.
    Had some problems having a letter posted -apparently only the concierge can do this and they were away from their desk.
    Crowded with tour groups and a conference.
    No morning newspaper.

Overall

This was a solid Westin experience at a charming, old-school hotel. If I hadn't been staying at the excellent Sheraton D Cube City the night before I would have been very happy with my stay here. As it is it's a fine hotel in a great location.