Westin Book Cadillac Detroit - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Quasiconvexity, Jul 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didnt see a Master thread for this property so thought I would start one with a few quick thoughts. Just wrapped up another stay here last night - I am 100% for suite upgrades at this property (over ~5-6 stays) and as a Platinum, always get upgraded to an XX15 Executive Suite. The hotel itself is beautiful on the outside and on the inside, and looks fresh and newly renovated.

The hotel itself is in a good location for exploring downtown detroit - located very close to Comerica Park and the Detroit Opera House. There is a Club lounge that is open for breakfast, but I believe it is open only Tuesday - Friday (if I remember right). As a Platinum member, you get breakfast coupons (up to $19) at the in-house restaurant for breakfast on Monday mornings. Make sure your reservation includes the correct number of guests as that will determine the amount of coupons you receive. Self Parking is $10 at the lot next door, and Valet parking is $25 overnight.

If your travels take you to Detroit and you need to stay in the downtown area, this property is highly recommended!

traveler and uggboy like this.