Westin Atlanta Buckhead (Georgia) - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by MSPeconomist, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a newer moderate-sized Westin located in the upscale suburban residential and office area of Buckhead, on the opposite side of Atlanta from the airport. A MARTA (subway from airport and downtown) station is less than a block from the hotel's entrance. The hotel is almost adjacent to the Lenox Mall, a large indoor shopping mall with some good restaurants, including Prime. However, do not take MARTA to the Lenox station, which is on the far end of the mall; aim for the Buckhead station.

Rooms are decorated in the new Westin style of light woods with tan, ivory and green colors. As a SPG Plat (early Saturday evening arrival for one night at a moderate rate), I was upgraded to a deluxe corner room on the Club floor. This was not a suite, but it had a separate sitting area with sofa, lounge chair and ottoman. It also had a large and luxurious bathroom with a rain shower and separate bathtub.

The Club Lounge is in an open area of the Club floor near the elevators. It's large and pleasant with excellent food offerings. Breakfast included many fruit selections, eggs, bacon, cereals, good breakfast pastries, and smoked salmon. Evening appetizers were similarly varied and generous, although alcohol is not free here.

The hotel's restaurant is a Palm steakhouse. The lobby bar seems to close fairly early in the evening. There's also a lobby coffee station, IIRC not Starbucks but similar.

The hotel has extensive private function space, but not for huge groups. Some interesting modern art is found in the main lobby and private function lobbies.There's a parking garage on the property. One can print boarding passes for free in back of the lobby. I don't think there's a pool and I didn't visit the health club or business center.

2. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any recents stays or information?