West Coast Fare Flying Up

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Dreamworks, Mar 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I need to book a trip to LAX 4/10-12, and then SEA 4/24-26.

The fares on US are north of $500 which seems high, but the market generally is showing high fares across the board from WAS (DCA, IAD or BWI) There's no way I'm finding a flight on US under $500, is there?

I'm booked right now on a United n/s from BWI for the first set of April dates. No upgrades for me. I'll need to buy E+ out of my pocket. Sigh.

2. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does united publish their E+ pricing anymore? I am looking at a flight that is cheaper than US but want to factor in the E+ cost when making my decision

3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed a steady increase as well. There are some low fares here and there.. I got a NYC-LAX for $150 recently (not great, but good in this new world). The companion ticket with the US mastercard helps soften the blow when travelling with other. I remember in 2009 when JFK-LAS fares were $109 each way and upgrades for a silver were easy...

4. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ahh, that was livin'.

5. Gulfstream 550

Gulfstream 550 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As US Gold I am able to get E+ seats on UA at time of booking on Concur. Also, I have seen noticeable lower DL fares on my cross county trips. check www.itasoftware.com and see what the matrix has to say!

6. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Really? That is good to know. Do you book personal travel on concur or just business? My company travel uses concur as our online tool (I usually book direct on Usair.com) but this would come in handy on some upcoming personal trips I have that may include UA travel.

7. Gulfstream 550

Gulfstream 550 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Our travel policy is "loose" - it is encouraged, but not 100% under "police" scrutiny. I can book through Concur or on www.usairways.com/ However, if a UA flight is in my mind - Concur Travel is how I am booking. No upgrades to 1st on UA, but E+ is nice for the extra space as a US Gold.

Dreamworks likes this.
  8. ellinj

ellinj New Member

Status Points:
    The UA computer system used to be programed to kick you out of those seats if you weren't an elite or paid for e+ wonder if that is still the case post merger.

Dreamworks likes this.