Werewolves of Bangkok (I'd like to meet a tailor)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by LarryInNYC, Jul 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just wondering if anyone can suggest a tailor in Bangkok who might be able to make party dress for my 13 year old daughter? We'll be in Bangkok in mid-August and then again 10 days later. Since my daughter is observing her bat mitzvah in September I thought this might be an opportunity to do it in (frugal) style.

Gargoyle and sobore like this.
  2. davidthomas

davidthomas Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi LarryInNYC,

I would like to suggest Toms Fashion tailor in Bangkok. They are expert in custom tailoring services for men and women. You can try it .

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. adamhoolhorst

adamhoolhorst Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nothing new to add here, I just wanted to say that I love this thread title :)
    Warren Zevon is the best.

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. sembrown

sembrown New Member

Status Points:
    Once try the Marty’s Fashion Tailor in Bangkok. I would suggest you to buy a suit from this tailor because when I bought the suit from Marty’s I forgot all other tailor. Marty’s always consider on clients consideration that’s why it is the best custom tailor in Bangkok.

6. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which is a little odd, considering that in this message: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/how-to-find-custom-tailor-in-bangkok.91666/#post-2395538 you haven't yet made a purchase from them.

Personally, I don't mind Bangkok tailors posting here (I don't know if the site has a rule about it). But when it's done in a sneaky fashion like this I have to wonder about the general honesty and quality of the shop.

7. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not to mention that the response has nothing to do with the request - which is for a young girls special dress!

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't have a specific recommendation but do be sure that the one you use does ladies/girls on a regular basis. I found out that some tailors say they will do womens things, but are used to doing mens so blouses have shirt type closings and button on the "wrong" side.

Gargoyle likes this.
  9. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just wanted to update this thread from two years ago.

We had the original dress made at Buddy Tailor in Khao San Road and were happy with the price and quality.

Earlier this month we were back in Bangkok and stopped by the shop where we were immediately recognized after a single purchase two years ago. We wound up having a dress made for my younger daughter's bat mitzvah and I also got some tailoring done -- a suit, an extra pair of casual travel pants (copied directly from a pair I had with me, but in a very nice cotton-linen fabric) and two shirts.

We were again quite happy with the clothing, prices, and service.

It turns out that the fellow who runs the shop travels several times a year to take orders in northern Europe and the Gulf States and may soon offer this service in the United States as well. Anyone who's interested can private message me.

SVDH and Gargoyle like this.