We're getting a Wegmans! Subtitled "Dear Supervalu..."

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mikeef, Dec 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear Supervalu:

Hey, we're getting a Wegmans! It's less than a mile from the Shaw's that we currently use, so I"m guessing that we're not going to be the only people who are defecting. Too bad, I heard supermarkets aren't doing too well these days and that added competition just can't help you as Wegmans invades Massachusetts, the armpit of supermarkets.

I gave you a chance. I really did. You did a great job renovating that Shaw's in Chestnut Hill. Too bad you hired people who went to the TSA school for customer service. And it's not your fault that you refuse to honor prices that are in your own circular. Well, actually, it is. But on the plus side, your constant out-of-stocks are helping me keep the pounds off.

As for the Star Market down the street from us, well, there's a reason we drive out to the Shaw's. I will admit, I appreciate the fact that you always make shopping a game for us: my wife and I get to compete to count how many items scanned at the wrong price and then bet on how long it will take you to get it fixed. And your employees really get into the holidays: It was so cool the way that the cashier snarled at us right after Halloween when we pointed out to her that she left a gallon of milk on the scale while weighing our produce (Seriously, we didn't want seven pounds of grapes.). Man, she was scary! I do feel bad when I approach the cashiers and interrupt their texting, but I really do want to pay you. But do I owe you for the science lessons? It's always fascinating to view the mold on your berries.

True, some of this mess is my fault. I could have deserted you earlier and driven farther to a better supermarket, but you never realize the value of time until you have small children. But now that I have a real supermarket coming to the market, I'm afraid we're not going to be seeing each other as much. It's not you, it's me. Well, that's not true, either. It is you.

Yours truly,
    Mikeef

2. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you been to the one out in Northborough? I spend too much time there when I'm in town

Now, if they will just invade the South!

mikeef likes this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have been in one of the largest Wegman's in BUF. It is like a museum :)

mikeef likes this.
  4. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have and I love it. We were just there this past weekend and drove almost an hour to get there. My 3-year old twins are obsessed with the trains.

Let me know next time you are in town and we will happily meet you for lunch.

Mike