Wenger/Swissgear Lifetime Warranty = NOT

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Jim, Nov 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a Swissgear rolling briefcase for around seven years that finally gave up the ghost. Knowing it had a lifetime warranty but considering the good service I got out of it, I just bought a new one.

The new one failed after 90 days, the handle literally came apart while on vacation. I wrote to Wenger who referred me to someone else. Send pictures, plus a copy of the orginal receipt, plus the purchase order the product was made under, etc etc. Their reply was that since I paid for it with Google Wallet and it was not one of their "authorized resellers", too bad for me.

The product arrived brand new, original packaging, original warranty book, etc, etc.

I just talked to AMEX who will be refunding my monies.

The bottom line is that Wenger/Swissgear really does not stand behind their products. What a shame.

Avoid these products.....

TRAVELSIG and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    After such a poor experience, avoid.

3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Similar experience with Coach & Mephisto brands. Got their wallets, belts, shoes that are 25 yrs old, and still work like new. But recently made outsourced cr@p fell apart within months.

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing- this is so strange. You paid with Google Wallet and therefore the warranty is not valid? I would suggest emailing a copy of this to Google customer service and ask for their help- if indeed this is a term to invalidate a warranty then it would suggest to be a huge avoid warning to Google Wallet!

5. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Google wallet said to talk the the vendor, the vendor had a voice mail and did not reply to emails.
    I cancelled my Google Wallet account.
    At least with PayPal they will stand behind a buyer.