Wells Fargo CC Reconsideration #

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Jsm1985, Oct 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jsm1985

Jsm1985 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know the number for the Wells Fargo Reconsideration Line? I have a friend who applied for a credit card with them (not by my advice) and was rejected. He is just out of college about 3 months into a new job. He didn't work during college. Wells Fargo asked for proof of income, so he sent in his pay stubs, but Wells Fargo denied his app because his past years tax returns showed little income. He has a credit score of 740 - which Wells Fargo stated in their rejection letter. I know this doesn't matter too much but he was prequalified for this card.

Any ideas?

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
    Creditboards is a good forum for such issues.

harppon, marcwint55 and flagstaff like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    tell him to apply for a better card with miles or points. Wells Fargo cards generally suck.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My oldest card is a WF, so i have to keep it. Totally worthless and their customer service is the worst i've experienced.

Tell him to lick his wounds and get on with Chase or Citi asap....he dodged a bullet!

-MO

5. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since he already spent the inquiry, wouldn't it be better to try to get the card for a higher amount of available credit? Unless he ran up a big balance immediately shouldn't he at least get something out of the app?

6. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    He certainly could, but I wouldn't waste my time going the extra mile for a WF card. I'd rather be on the reconsideration line fighting for a card with longterm value for me. My opinion is that WF doesn't have it.

-MO