Well that's not right. Chase online issues.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by boondr, Apr 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check out how many messages it says I have. :)

image.jpg

2. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dang, you got some readin to do!

SuperKirby, garyst16, GoodBoy and 3 others like this.
  3. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    so...did you read it all yet?

boondr and TravelBear like this.
  4. Dangjr213

Dangjr213 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow. I can't complain anymore. For years now my online banking at chase has said I have 1 unread message which doesn't exisit. That drives me crazy, I can only imagine 1632!

5. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    lol. Yeah its so annoying, i just have 2 that is "unread".

Update: Actually it went away after the website upgrade. Just noticed it.

ThereseKhu, boondr and Cali94102 like this.
  6. jools1006

jools1006 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else having problems logging in this morning?

Three family members can log in as normal. I'm getting an error message which says my online access is deactivated and gives a number to call to reactivate it. Anyone else experiencing this?

ThereseKhu and SuperKirby like this.
  7. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    LETTERBOY, ThereseKhu and SuperKirby like this.
  8. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    This may be obvious, but you tried different browsers, right? Those family members used your computer?

And what boondr said, any recent unusual spending? Buying way too many gift cards, reload-able cards, transferring lots of $$ to Paypal/Amazon will put your account on hold.

LETTERBOY and ThereseKhu like this.
  9. jools1006

jools1006 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I bought two of the Chase gift cards: a pair of $500's, one with my BA Visa and the other with my Freedom. They haven't arrived yet.

Have bought a few reload cards over the last couple of months but with a mix of Chase, Citi and Amex cards. No Paypal or Amazon transfers at all.

What happens when your account is put on hold? Is it a pre-cursor to being shut down entirely or do you get a warning?

SuperKirby likes this.
  10. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    How much in total did you buy in gift cards/re-load cards the last couple of months with Chase? Sometimes when it hits a certain number it flags the system. Typically a YMMV situation. For you, it CAN be a pre-cursor to a shut down however, most shut downs happen right away and there is no "please call to reactivate" so your situation could be different. But one thing is for sure, you will call them tomorrow, find out and let us know to edumacate us on what happened! =)

11. jools1006

jools1006 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Reloads about $1450 on Chase cards and this week $1k in Chase gift cards so about $2,500 in total, since the beginning of March. Does that seem excessive? Shut-down-worthy?

I called the number, spoke to an agent who told me I must go in to a Chase branch, that she couldn't tell me anything further. She said when I went into the branch, the branch staff would call her department and they would then assist me.
    I said can't you just assist me now since we're already speaking? No.
    What should I bring to the branch? Debit card and ID.

I tried to press a little but she wouldn't budge. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I go into the Chase branch.

SuperKirby likes this.
  12. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    From what I've read on the internet, $2500 is on the low side but still definitely possible for a flag (maybe they're getting even more strict?). As I said, typically if they shut you down, there is no "call to activate" and they don't have their customers go to a branch. Possible ID issue. Let us know what happens!

13. jools1006

jools1006 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Update: it was fraud-related. There was no mention of any spending patterns at all.

The problem was the link to Bluebird I had initiated earlier in the week. Once I confirmed that I recognized it and had initiated it myself, access to my account was restored.

They asked for a Bluebird statement, which I didn't have, so logging into my account in front of the Chase branch agent to prove that it was mine and genuine satisfied them.

SuperKirby and boondr like this.