Welcome!

Discussion in 'Frontier Airlines | EarlyReturns' started by FriendlySkies, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to the F9 forum! Looking forward to see everybody.

Maybe we can offer some cookies to new members? :D

2. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a longtime former YX flyer. I may not like the F9 name, but am extremely happy they kept the warm chocolate chip cookies.

I still miss the 717's though [​IMG]

3. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It's been two years since I flew F9/YX, so I never got to try the cookies! :( How did they taste?

4. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Honestly they are probably one of the best chocolate chip cookies. In MKE area, they sold the cookies at Brewers and Bucks Games as well as Summerfest and they had great sales. At any of those events I have bought more than my fair share of them :). At Sendik's( one of the fancy specialty grocery stores) they sold YX cookie dough and it was their top selling cookie dough.

My grandpa also worked for Midwest and wouldn't retire from them until they let him take a 717 for a spin. In fact the largest decoration I have at home is a giant YX 717 poster from Boeing on the day announced their order.

5. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I miss Midwest. I miss the 717's and the cookies. Even though F9 still carry them.

6. Been flying Frontier since it was "FL" and had Convairs!

7. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those yummy cookies are available at the Best Care Club at MKE. It's a Priority Pass lounge, so you don't have to be flying F9 to get in. And, they have boxes of cookies for sale at the BCC; I imagine you don't need to be a member to buy a box...or a dozen.

8. German Expat
    Original Member

German Expat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately I really do like the cookies and those YX cookies will make me gain at least 5 pounds this year [​IMG]

FriendlySkies and travelingmore like this.
  9. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    :D

That's my only problem with getting upgrades on UA, 100% of the time. I eat too many cookies! :p

10. alphaeagle
    Original Member

alphaeagle Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I was flying YX somewhat regularly I would sometimes get all of the extra cookies left over put into a air sickness bag to take home. Couldn't beat having a warm cookie and milk cruising at 500mph...

11. Me too! From old Denver Stapleton to Jackson Hole, WY and Cortez, CO. Don't miss the old flight attendant outfits... looked like they came off the set of the Partridge Family.

I miss the 717s too. Midwest was great in those days. Now I fly to DC in a cigar tube with wings...