Welcome to MHT (Manchester Boston Regional Airport) and Northern New England

Discussion in 'BOS/MHT/PVD | Boston Area Airports' started by mht_flyer, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Manchester Boston Regional Airport -- MHT -- Of Course the "Boston" was added to name just last year.
    mht.png

2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Information Updated: October 201:
    ------------------------------------------

MHT Details:

Address:
    One Airport Road
    Manchester, NH 03103
    (603) 624-6556

MHT website: www.flymanchester.com

Airlines Served:

- Southwest Airlines - over 20 flights daily and the dominant carrier at MHT.

- US Airways (second largest) express to their hubs in PHL, CLT and focus cities DCA.

- Delta Express and Mainline to ATL, DTW and LGA

- UA Express ERJ ExpressJet Flights to EWR, CLE , CommutAir Q200 / Q300 flights to EWR and UA Express (ExpressJet and GoJet, Mesa) to ORD

Airport Clubs:
    - The Granite Club (weekdays only) - very basic club but a quiet area near gate 4/5.
    Must be a elite member of any airline (but they also accept WN RapidRewards with no elite status, at least the last time I visited the club.

Notable food offerings:
    - Quiznos
    - Dunkin Donuts (airside and landside).
    - Starbucks
    - Sam Adams Brew House (landside).
    - Some other "local" places that are fair, but nothing special.

Parking:
    - Garage Parking 17.00/day (85.00 for a week cap).
    - Long Term Lots 10.00/day

Car Rentals:
    Onsite
    -Avis
    -Hertz
    -Enterprise
    - Alamo
    - Budget
    - Dollar
    - National
    - Thrify

Van Service:
    - http://www.flightlineinc.com/mainmanchester.html

Manchester Area Chamber of Commerce:
    http://www.manchester-chamber.org/

Visit New Hampshire:
    http://www.visitnh.gov/

MHT Airport @ Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester-Boston_Regional_Airport

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now I will add, I really like MHT perhaps since it's less than a 10 minute drive from my apartment or that they have 3 security check-points and there is rarely a wait for security (and when it is busy maybe 10 minutes).

That said, dealing with MHT means dealing with mostly express operations and the WX delays encountered during IRROPS especially on the express side of things.

As a CO Plat, I often travel out of BOS as well so I get to IAH and points beyond much easier (or for that matter EWR since they have more than 10 flights a day BOS-EWR while MHT has 3 or 4 depending on the day, however, I do also still do a great share of my travel out of MHT.

I'll try to get some airport pictures up when I get a chance.

4. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shameless marketing on MHT's part. Very nice airport, on par with PVD. How are flight frequencies out of MHT?

5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd say reasonable but not superb.

If I was flying US generally, I'd say much better -- WN is the primary carrier and has the most flights, then US. US has pretty decent amount of flights out of MHT -- PHL, LGA, CLT and DCA.

6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think WN may edge out US at PVD, though US is defiantly a close second. DL and UA seem to be adding frequencies and DL adding non-hub flights to RDU.

7. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    If anyone has any questions about MHT or the surrounding area, please feel free to post. In sure there's probably not a lot of questions regarding MHT but I'm here if you have one :)

8. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Questions anyone on MHT or NH?

9. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, there used to be a free shuttle bus to Boston. What are they doing
    to justify the name these days?

10. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
  11. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    mht_flyer, do you have an opinion on parking? The $100 a seat cheaper than logan made me pick the drive for a flight in april, but I am not sure where to ditch the car , googling lead me to the Best Western, which is close and only ~$6 a day.

12. baccarat_guy
    Original Member

baccarat_guy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I find that WN has some damn convenient flights. Of personal interest, is the MHT-LAS nonstop. Great flight, with a return that doesn't leave in the AM (2pm to 3pm'ish), and gets back to NH around midnight.

MHT WN operations yesterday, on a snowy Sunday morning... (yesterday)

[​IMG]

My greatest concern, with regard to MHT and WN, is with the startup of BOS WN operations; I'm just have a sense that frequencies will only decrease at MHT. Just last week, booked some of the family on the BOS-RNO direct WN flight (one stop, DEN, no change of planes). Would have been really nice if that had been an MHT departure. Should be interesting to see how things 'play-out,' but MHT is by far one of the most convenient airports I have ever travelled from. I live approximately 25 minutes from MHT, and just under 40 minutes from BOS. But, timing things for MHT is far easier (as is the short term parking if you are just picking up; which is often the case).

mht_flyer and Sean Colahan like this.
  13. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think WN had good flight times to LAS and other places. I don't think the BOS flghts will affect MHT or PVD. I think WN will eat into other airlines at BOS and (as seen already) help prices drop. It will be interesting to see WN flight opps after the AirTran merger. I still prefer PVD as I am 10 minutes away as opposed to 60+ minutes from BOS.

14. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Generally I park in the garage, but it's 17.00 /day (85 tops weekly), so it's not the cheapest option.

I think 6.00/day is your cheapest option. The Best Western to the airport terminal is not far maybe 5-10 minutes max.

There's a few other offsite parking establishments closer including the Highlander Inn (literally next door to the airport): http://www.highlanderairportparking.com/index.html that's 8.00 a day.

Muerl likes this.
  15. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, closer is always better.

16. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I use MHT over Boston every time. Just too convenient, especially when you come home and all you want to do is leave the airport. Ususally I am in my car in less than 10 mins if I check a bag. In Boston you need to bring sleeping gear while you wait for your bags. One tip, as you come up the escalator, there is a security line right in front of you, but if you go over to the left, there is another line that is usually much shorter.

17. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    MHT now has TSA-Pre. It's located at the upper level right security checkpoint. :)