Welcome to Gogo Inflight Internet

Discussion in 'Gogo Inflight Internet' started by Gogo, Apr 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gogo

Gogo Z Representative

Status Points:
    Greetings MilePoint members!

First of all - we'd like to thank Randy and his team for MilePoint, and helping us with our own forum here. This is our first active participation on any board, so it'll be a learning experience for us. Our primary objective is to listen to you - our customers - and help wherever we can. There may be questions we can't answer right away, but we'll always do our best to help.

Ask away - questions about our service, something "behind the scenes", anything else on your mind?

2. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome!

Question, if you're flying in First Class is GoGo free?

3. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome best internet plane service!!! Thanks to you I can communicate while in the air!!! Very warm welcome!!!

GogoInflight likes this.
  4. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh!!! Gogo could be free for First Class passengers!!! It's all a question of dialog between the GOGO company and the airliners!!! I hope they can reach an agreement!!!

5. Gogo

Gogo Z Representative

Status Points:
    Sadly no - our service is offered independently of the airlines. We do work with them to offer it to their customers, but purchasing and pricing is handled by us.

6. Gogo

Gogo Z Representative

Status Points:
    What a fantastic welcome - thanks so much!

Eloy Fonseca Neto likes this.
  7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome aboard! Have not had a chance to try your service yet ... would very much like to. Is this the feature that Air Canada offers on some of their flights?

GogoInflight likes this.
  8. Gogo

Gogo Z Representative

Status Points:
    We sure are - on select Air Canada A319's when flying over the U.S. More about Air Canada and a link to their own Wi-Fi page here: http://www.gogoinflight.com/gogo/cms/aircanada.do

9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought so - have heard good reviews of the service... looking forward to it being on a flight soon I hope:) Did not realize the option for hand-held devices also ... excellent :)

GogoInflight likes this.
  10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used it for the first time as a paying customer last weekend on DL. It was amazingly fast (using Windows XP and Chrome to access MP primarily) but at first I had a hard time logging on. I was frustrated that at some stage in the sign-up procedure, I needed to put the laptop away and retrieve my credit card for the security number (I have my credit card number and expiration date memorized). In addition, I wasn't happy about being required to give my billing address so that my seatmate could see the information. I must have attempted the process five times and was ready to give up by the time I got onto Gogo. It still isn't clear to me whether the problem was my attempting to give initials (as on my credit card) rather than first name or not knowing how my credit card company abbreviates my mailing address, but the multiple attempts were extremely frustrating.

Previously I had tried it for free during the holiday trial period (also on DL) and experienced some problems with too many passengers trying to use it at once, so that it was tough to log on and stay logged on. Obviously the service was very popular them and flights were full.

GogoInflight and ACMM like this.
  11. Gogo

Gogo Z Representative

Status Points:
    Definitely good points -- to speed things up, I highly recommend signing up at Gogoinflight.com and adding your credit card to your account. That way, you won't have to type in anything other than your account name/password to get online.

In addition to speeding things up on your desktop, having an account on file means you can also use our mobile applications without having to fill in anything more than your username and password.

Love this feedback, and it is certainly something I'll pass on internally. Tips like this from our users help us make our service even better.

12. bengl3rt

bengl3rt Active Member

Status Points:
    Hmm. Would it be feasible to equip the crew with the ability to generate free "coupon codes" for First Class passengers on request? The airline could elect to cover the cost via some monthly accounting magic :)

jackal likes this.
  13. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree with bengl3rt. Allowing airlines to offer it complimentary to First Class and elite members and having the airlines pay Gogo some negotiated cost for that benefit would be HUGE. More loyalty for the airline and more potential revenue for you.

One question I've had: what's the purpose of the captcha? It's an insanely annoying step and serves no useful purpose that I can determine. Are you really worried about someone operating a cracking program on their laptop to break the authentication scheme and get free access on a couple-hour flight? :confused:

Looking forward to future speed increases and potential expansion to non-ground-based systems for coverage over water (I heard a rumor that Gogo is looking to work with satellite providers for service in the future).

14. Gogo

Gogo Z Representative

Status Points:
    These are all good tips -- I obviously can't comment on anything related to our airline relationships, but input like this from our customers will certainly be passed on internally. Thanks for your thoughts :)

jackal likes this.
  15. I couldn't find one, but is there a possibility for Corporate account access? The License agreement is very 'user' based and prohibits sharing of accounts.

16. Gogo

Gogo Z Representative

Status Points:
    Sorry, but we don't have any shared or corporate accounts. In our experience, it is much easier to ask a corporate user to sign up for our unlimited pass, and handle it through their own expense channels than have someone within a company manage 100's of accounts.

If you or someone you work with sign up for our unlimited option, you can currently save on your first month. I'll definitely keep your request in mind, and share it here so we can gauge interest.

17. deltagoldLass

deltagoldLass Silver Member

Status Points:
    hmmmm im flying in the in a few hours i really hope i dont have difficulty accessing the internet. i bought a 24 hours pass as i am talking 4 flights within that time.....

18. Very interesting travel tips. thank you so much.. I agree...