Welcome Gift: Starwood Bonus Points

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Makena, Nov 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Makena

Makena Member

Status Points:
    What exactly are the welcome gifts in bonus points for the various hotel brands for either Gold or Platinum status? I found some threads saying they were either 125/250 for Gold and 250/500 for Platinum based on which hotel you stay at. Which hotels offer how many points? I could not find this documented on the SPG site. Can someone point me to the official SPG document that mentions this?

Thanks.

Kalboz likes this.
  2. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe Aloft and 4pts are the 125/250 category and the others give 250/500.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Makena

Makena Member

Status Points:
    I found this at the SPG site:

http://www.spgpromos.com/morepowert...uage=en_US&EM=VTY_SPG_MOREPOWER_ENG_PROMOTION

It says that the 125/250 bonus is for Gold members. The 250 point bonus is for St. Regis, Luxury Collection, W, Le Meridien, Westin and Sheraton brand hotels. The 125 point bonus is for Aloft, Element and Four Points by Sheraton brand hotels.

I didn't see anything for Platinum members. Does anyone know if the Platinum welcome bonus is 250/500 SPG points based on the above hotel brands?

4. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, that's correct. 250/500 for Platinum members.