Wedding Reception at a Hyatt

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by TUMD, Jun 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am looking at locations for a wedding reception right now and one of my options is a Hyatt Regency. Not that this would make my decision but I was wondering, if we did end up booking the reception there could I attach my GP number to all the expenses and get points for them?

2. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes you can and get miles/points on your cc.

IDGflygirl and TUMD like this.
  3. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh yes, I am well aware of getting points via CC haha...follow up question: would these points count as Lifetime Base points just like staying a night? (This is in reference to the fact that you need 1 million lifetime base points and 10 year to get lifetime status)

4. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    IDK. I'd call and ask. In fact I'd call twice and ask two different agents.

TUMD likes this.
  5. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recall you only earn bonus points on meeting and event rates/charges. Should bill out seperately, it isn't like you bill everything to your room and it appears. Hyatt does have a whole rewards program for meeting planners, I am not sure if weddings are under that catagory as that should be a one time shot while meetings tend to be something that drives repeat business. The best thing to do is just get it negotiated into the contract.

IDGflygirl, Zomby Woof and TUMD like this.
  6. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Check with hotel sales office. When I planned an event w/SPG I got 1 points for every $3 so I used my Starwood cc to get my 2x credit

Each hotel sales/meeting group is different so ask first and make sure to complete the form which is usually separate from the banquet billing agreement

IDGflygirl and TUMD like this.
  7. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe they could charge it to your room :)

WilliamQ likes this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unless the package is such that you book the banquet and they throw in the wedding suite for a 1 or 2 nights stay. :p

9. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it's an event, you only earn 1 point/$ and this posts as a bonus. However, you should be able to negotiate bonus points (check out the offers on the meetings page) and perhaps comp room. If it's just the reception and you could do it in the restaurant, you could probably get 5 points/$