Websites that shows ticket class while booking...

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by cliq, Apr 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't actually know if this is the right forum to post this, so could the mods move it to the right place if this isnt, thanks.

I am about to book flights for the family to the US and I was wondering if there is a website that could show what ticket class I would get with certain ticket I pick. Lets say M, Y, T, C, Z or what; if I click on a certain economy, business or first. I need this information while booking so that I know that I am having the right class for crediting miles to some FF programs before payment.

Thanks in advance

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    United.com allows you to enter one or more specific fare classes to search or you can just search by type of fare you are looking for (lowest, flexible, unrestricted) and or blindly and it will print available itineraries and the fare class for each segment.

cliq likes this.
  3. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Many thanks for the hint. Just funny how one would fly from HEL-FRA-DFW-LAX on L with United and meal says NONE all the way :( :eek: - something better than that would be nice ;)

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is indeed unusual, especially for the long stretches (FRA-DFW-LAX). I would be surprised if they do not, in fact, offer any meals, since I have flights booked in E+ (albeit higher fare class -- W) awaiting upgrades to clear, which are shown as:
    Meal: Dinner
    No Special Meal Offered.

Maybe you just noticed the "no special meal offered" part?

5. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    It just showed Meal: NONE. :( Now I think I have to look for other options. Not nice flying that far without even a meal for the ticket...

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    They serve a meal on FRA-DFW, don't worry. The website is just displaying bad information here.

cliq likes this.
  7. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh thanks :)