Website errors. Different Reasons. Exercise in futility.

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by joeheg, Jun 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. joeheg

joeheg Silver Member

I currently have a saver award ticked booked for 2 passengers in AA first from PDX-DFW-MCO on Oct 11. The only thing I don't like is the 5:15 AM departure time.
    I set some expert flyer alerts and it showed 2 First Class seats in Saver on AS from PDX-DFW and also 2 coach seats on AA from DFW-MCO for later in the day.
    This award even shows up when searching on AA as an bookable award for 25K each.

So I called Aadvantage to see about changing flights. I was told that they couldn't see any other availability. I fed her the flights and times and same thing.
    I was told that if I could hold the award, then she might be able to help. When I tried to click through, I got this error.

"The flight you selected is no longer available. Please modify your request."

However, I am able to go through and search and try to book each segment individually up to putting in my passenger info.
    I can't hold them because it's a conflict with an existing reservation which I don't want to redeposit for what is becoming a learning exercise. (FWIW, neither of the flights are showing award space anymore)

I reached out to the AA twitter team and I was told that since my original award was all on AA metal, I can not change to AS flights without redepositing. (which I've looked up and is apparently true).
    This however doesn't explain why the flight will not even show as bookable.

So what is the usual way to try and resolve this. I've searched google and found messages going back years but no apparent solution. I've tried different browsers and even a different computer so that isn't it.