Weather & Tourism in Hawaii...

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by FetePerfection, May 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    Generally speaking is the temperature in the various islands pretty consistent? In other words, is there a high and low season of temps AND is there a high and low season for tourists? Are there holidays or peak times to avoid and conversely are there off-peak times?

Thanks for any input.

2. jw3putt

jw3putt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Usually the leeward (Southern side) of the islands is sunnier and drier than than the windward (Northern side) of the islands. This is useful when picking a hotel on the north or south of any island. I would think you could check google or the national weather service for average temperature and rainfall by month.

3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    My dad always warned me to stay away in the winter because (he claimed) it was swarmed by New Yorkers. I guess Californians have good weather all year round so they don't mind going someplace sunny even when it's summer back home. I've never been in the winter, so I can't confirm, but if Hawaii turned into anything like visiting New York, it would probably scare me off, too. But I'll test his hypothesis soon. I can't stand 9 months of grey in Seattle.

FetePerfection likes this.
  4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Temperatures in Hawaii vary much less than continental places. That's true, in general, of all islands because of the moderating influence of the ocean.
    Holiday times, especially Christmas/New Year's and summer are high season for tourists because that's when people have the most time off. So, Spring and Fall are generally the low seasons.

hulagrrl210 and 2soonold like this.