As bad weather strikes area of the country, so various airlines allow changes to ticketed travel without the usual change fee. recently I had a "can't miss" meeting and waited until the last moment to advance my travel plans, expecting the airline to institute a weather disruption waiver on fees. no such luck and I paid the change fee. Checking back around 4 hours later, I saw the airline had instituted the waiver, for travel on the following day (my original planned day of travel). Looking back after the event my (original) flight was cancelled so it was good to have been proactive and changed plans - I made my meeting. If I'd waited until the policy was in place, all I could have rebooked to was a later flight. Has anyone had any luck asking for fees back from the airline in similar circumstances.