Weather cancellations/delays are your friend!

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by karlyn, Nov 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. karlyn

karlyn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Due to the upcoming storm, United has cancelled several flights for today and tomorrow. They have made an exception to passengers who'd like to reschedule their flight for no change or fare increase fees.

So, my $450 ATL-EWR-HNL-EWR-ATL qualified (even though none of my segments were cancelled)!

I changed my flights (specifying B fare basis) and now am flying ATL-IAH-LAX (to visit Grandma during 6hr layover)-HNL-DEN-ATL in 1st (due to auto upgrade) & earning 50% bonus EQM bonus RDM! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

If you're scheduled for today or tomorrow, check your airline's weather exceptions! United Airlines - View Current Reservation.png

2. karlyn

karlyn Silver Member

Status Points:
    sorry, just had to do a brag :p

YULtide likes this.
  3. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    you should brag!!!!!

4. giocatoredoro

giocatoredoro Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lol! I've had an award flight that was cancelled (last flight of day), so when they rebooked me for the following morning, my ticket had been changed to an Y fare. Quite enjoyable!

5. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was to fly TPA-IAD-YYZ on Halloween and rebooked to TPA-DEN-YYZ. Adds almost a thousand miles to the tally. I didn't mind a bit.

As a bonus I actually arrived in Toronto 40 minutes sooner than planned (although I had to leave 2 hours earlier than originally scheduled).

Two pleasant flights, and the tight connection in DEN turned out to be a non-issue.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you force it into B or was that just all that was left??

7. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that crediting as a B fare. IME, getting rebooked into Y and getting a PN upgrade resulted in it being credited at my original fare class. IIRC, they started reconciling against your paid fare after the whole R/Z crediting debacle earlier this year. If you want B-class credit, I'd request a downgrade back to Economy.

bk3day and genemk2 like this.
  8. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    You probably shouldn't...

bk3day and Wandering Aramean like this.
  9. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, I had a similar experience. Did SDC and saw that the agent had put me in Y to push me up the upgrade list (since I was originally on an upgraded flight)...got the upgrade, and got original fare class credit, not Y credit. Still happy that I got the upgrade though!

bk3day likes this.