Weary...

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Over the Atlantic, Jul 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Over the Atlantic

Over the Atlantic Silver Member

Status Points:
    While the benefits of Diamond GP membership can be appealing, I'm finding my recent experiences with Hyatt.com's flakiness and the inability to manage/cancel stays using points without calling the GP desk to be more trouble than the benefits are worth.

Has anyone here pondered this tradeoff?

The last straw for me has been a recent episode in which my fluid travel plans incurred several iterations of cancellations (and yes, I called the Diamond line each time).

Long story short, one cancellation did not return points to my account (resulting in my having to follow up and call back) and, worse, after a series of other bookings/cancellations, I seem to be out 5000 points because the bookkeeping of points in GP's system doesn't agree with my tracking of points balances. I have neither the patience nor time to argue with a GP rep about this, but there is absolutely a frustration; even if this got resolved, the hoops through which I have to jump (to stay atop matters) no longer justify the rewards of the program.

This is an issue I never have with other chains (principally, because their web presence and processes both allow users to manage these activities independently and reliably track points-based transactions).

I'm interested in hearing anyone else's take.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  2. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    The IT issues aren't bad enough to keep me away. But they are bad at times. The benefits are far far greater. And I have SPG and Hilton web and app problems too. SPG is maybe a tad better then Hyatt and Hilton but I have points res problems with SPG too. And they all suck in their own right.

3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Your frustration on time wasted is warranted. While Hyatt has improved they still have tech issues. Have you tried contacting the Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge here on Milepoint by starting a conversation with them? They're usually very responsive and good at problem solving. They might be able to resolve this quicker for you than fighting on the phone.

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    ...than what, which or whose? My sense is that GP benefits have gone down considerably and this new IT problem that's been popping up here and there is definitely not helpful.
    Since HHonors relaunched their website about 2 years ago, none of the issues I have had have had anything to do with the website per se. Every one of the issues have been about the co-branded Citi Reserve visa card not awarding the correct number of bonus points. As for bookkeeping (points in and out), the HHonors site has been spot on as judged against my own spreadsheet. The points are taken out as soon as a reward stay is booked and earned points typically post within 48 hr, seldom later than 72 hr, after a stay.

Care to share some of the problems that you have encountered with the new and improved HHnors website?

MX likes this.
  5. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Good Morning Over the Atlantic,

I apologize for the issues you have experienced regarding your Hyatt Gold Passport account and your reservations. Please feel free to start a conversation with us and I will be more than happy to assist.

Warm Regards,

Brock S.

WilliamQ and MX like this.
  6. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of the issues is that the Hyatt GP Diamond amenity points never seem to post automatically especially now that I earn 3x UA miles till end of August. EVERY time I have to contact GP service center and request them. As a result I get the 1000 Diamond amenity points and sometimes, only sometimes an extra 500 points. Any official explanation on that one?

7. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi Thomask,

Feel free to start a conversation with us and provide your Gold Passport details and I will be more than happy to look into this further.

Thank You,

Brock S.

8. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yes. Jeff Zidell, VP of Hyatt Gold Passport, is on record stating that if your Diamond amenity doesn't post as promised and you need to follow up with them, you get a 50% bonus.

Road Humps and WilliamQ like this.