Under Review Watched Thread e-mail pointing to (deleted / edited ?) post resulting in error ? :(

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by jupper, Mar 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, don't know exactly what's happening, but I have a bunch of threads on watch with instant e-mail notification. It appears the link to a post in that e-mail throws an error if something has happened to that post (edit / delete ?).

Example, received an e-mail about a new post (#231569) in the SMD3 Kick-off event thread. Following the specific post URL results in an error.

In the actual thread, the post by the indicated author (from the mail) is a different one (#231575).

I've had this problem with a bunch of thread-watch-e-mails... :(

2. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    This does happen, unfortunately there just isn't a way around it for now, but if a post is deleted the link to that post will return an error. Edited posts by the way are fine, but those that are deleted will return an error as they are no longer visible.

3. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah OK, would it be possible for the errorpage to show you the original thread as a link, so that you can then use that to go to the first unread message ?

4. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    I have added the suggestion to the master list and we will take a look at it.