WAS to NCL, why do things change on Aug 25th?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by disambiguous1, May 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. disambiguous1

disambiguous1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My schedule is finally set, and I'm pulling the trigger on reservations for a flight from Washington, DC to Newcastle-upon-Tyne, using a saver award from UMP for 30,000 CC-earned miles. Originally I was looking to go out on Aug 23, and there are several choices that fly me up to Newark for the UA160 at 7:20pm and then directly to Newcastle, with plenty of Saver Awards available.

However, my schedule has been pushed back a week, and now I can't find that same itinerary after Aug 25. They're either flying through Dublin with an over-seven hour layover there (no freaking way I can deal with that after an overnight flight) and then on to Newcastle, or through Copenhagen(!) on three legs, with two layovers that add up to over seven hours.

Why do things change so much after Aug 25? Do they stop flying that UA160? Or are all the flights filled up with Brits flying home after a visit to the States?

ALSO-- how can I find a general schedule of United flights? Not for booking, but just for finding out where they fly.

2. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The flight operates through 7 September so the seasonality isn't what the problem is. My guess is that UA sees it more likely that they'll sell the seats on the flights at the end of the season so no awards are available. Also, the service is not daily so make sure you're not looking on a day it does not operate.

Export from Wandering Aramean Travel Tools
    Code:
    Flight Timetable -- EWR-NCL for date: 20150825 at 00:00 on United
    Carrier|Flight|From |To   |Dep. Time|Arr. Time|Schedule|Equipment|Duration|Exceptions|
    UA     |160   |EWR  |NCL  |19:20    |07:30+1  |1--4567 |752      |7:10    |          |