Was the Dad Who Left His Son in the Hot Car Manufacturing Spend?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    It’s always interesting when ‘real life’ and news crosses paths in some small way with frequent flyer miles.

In my own life I’ve had the great pleasure to meet some famous miles-addicted people — you’d be surprised by the Hollywood types that have found value in my award booking service, and through frequent flyer events have come to know some luminaries of the computer industry as well.

Even meeting Dave Phillips, the Pudding Guy was a brush with fame. He was immortalized by Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love.

The founder of Whatsapp – which sold to Facebook for $19 billion – sought frequent flyer feedback on the idea back in May 2009. And it turns out that Mark Zuckerberg was pressured to close the deal because the Whatsapp founder had Lufthansa first class award tickets to Europe that couldn’t easily be changed.

But this is just creepy.

One of the things that police have learned about Ross Harris, who is charged with the death of his son Cooper who was left in the back of his SUV for 7 hours last month, is that:

Harris told police he recently took over the finances for the family. “According to Harris, he has acquired some credit card debt, around $4,000 in order to acquire air line miles. Harris currently has outstanding student loans and car loans, for him and his wife.”

As much as I like to think that travel makes us better and more tolerable people — and as little as I know of the rest of the facts of this case — it’s a reminder that in any hobby there are all sorts of people, good and bad.

But all of my readers are the good ones, right?

(HT: Jim R.)

The post Was the Dad Who Left His Son in the Hot Car Manufacturing Spend? appeared first on View from the Wing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Related Stories

The post Was the Dad Who Left His Son in the Hot Car Manufacturing Spend? appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...