Was I Almost Downgraded On A Paid First Class Fare?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I was supposed to jet off on a fun round the world trip in Emirates first class this weekend with Matt, though sometimes plans change. Unfortunately I have an emergency to attend to in Florida. I had just landed in Dallas this afternoon, at which point I found out I needed to fly to Tampa as soon as possible. Last minute fares were outrageous, as you'd expect on a Thursday afternoon in late August. And given my valuation of American miles, paying cash was still a better value than redeeming miles. The good news when fares are ridiculous is that paid first class is often only marginally more expensive. In this case first class was only $80 more than economy, which seemed worth it... especially since literally the only unassigned seat in economy was a middle towards the back of the plane. So I paid the extra $80 for the last first class seat. At this point it was just a couple of hours before departure. The post Was I Almost Downgraded On A Paid First Class Fare? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...