Walgreens Balance® Rewards Program Expands Opportunities to Earn Points for Healthy Behavior

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by sobore, Apr 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20130402006521/en/wag/walgreens/drug-store

Since the launch of the Balance® Rewards loyalty program, Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) has awarded more than 15 million points just for healthy behaviors such as walking. Today, the company announced members can participate in additional health-related activities and goal tracking to earn even more points to redeem for valuable rewards.

Previously, members earned points for physical activity through participation in the Walk with Walgreens™ program, and 10 points were awarded per mile walked. Now, walking, running and weight management goals can be logged and tracked through Steps with Balance Rewards. Members will receive 20 points per mile, as well as 20 points per day for tracking their weight. Users also can log individual frequent activities that will earn points when recorded.

“By enhancing our loyalty program to further promote healthy behaviors, we’re encouraging customers to take steps to help them achieve overall wellness,” said Graham Atkinson, Chief Marketing and Customer Experience Officer, Walgreens. “It’s also another way Walgreens helps people get, stay and live well.”

Read More: http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20130402006521/en/wag/walgreens/drug-store

2. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting! This is great. I never even know the program existed, and I already track my steps with a fitbit...so this is a perfect match for me.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    With Graham Atkinson's background, can I transfer the points to my UA account?

4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tip: After joining the program just give your phone number at checkout, no need to dig for your membership card. ;)

chrislacey likes this.
  5. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Great tip! I actually just keep my "membership card" in my phone (passbook) ... but I usually just enter my phone number in instead :)

...the phone number trick is also handy because when other people in my household go to Walgreens, they just put my number in and we bank all the points together :D

sobore likes this.