Review Waldorf Astoria Shanghai | China

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by marcwint55, Mar 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We checked into the Waldorf in Shanghai last night and the service so far is fantastic. We are here on a five night award stay and were still upgraded into a very nice river view room. The view at night is one of the best I have ever experienced. The location is also perfect.We will be trying our complimentary breakfast in a few hours and we were also given free credit for some drinks as a diamond member.

We asked for help last night getting to a fantastic restaurant in the Hyatt known for it's peking duck. One of the employees here told us that he used to work there and we were probably too late, but he would call them. He was able to reserve the last half duck available and told us to get there immediately as they were going to close shortly. Since there were other guests ahead of us waiting for a taxi, he walked around the corner with us to help get a taxi immediately.

A very nice chocolate cake in the shape of a heart was left in the room for us, and most hotels give you less water in a week that we have here our first night. We were given still and sparkling water bottles in addition to water bottles in the bathroom and all are complimentary.

So far, I am extremely impressed and told my wife last night that when we come back here, this will certainly be our hotel.

GoodBoy, NYCUA1K, MX and 3 others like this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    This where I am spending part of my 2013 Year-end Asian Escapade. I was there in 2011 and came away amazed. Enjoy the Bund!

marcwint55, uggboy and GoodBoy like this.
  3. Mark Allen Jackson
    Original Member

Mark Allen Jackson Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just returned from there last week as well, to exactly the same incredible treatment. Look for my review at thetravelplaybook.com and in this thread in the next week!