Waiting times...

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by jman88, Mar 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jman88

jman88 New Member

Status Points:
    I've recently signed up for 2 SW ccs and have met the minimum spend already for both (bringing me to over 100,000 points). That, in conjunction with points I already have this year, should get me a Companion Pass!

How long does it usually take for the 50,000 bonus points to be transferred to your account? I know that it says 6-8 weeks, but does anyone have any experience of quicker turnarounds? And then after that, how long does it usually take to be Companion Pass eligible?

My cousin is graduating 2nd week of May and I'd love to be able to bring my girlfriend... my flight is already bought, and we've left her flightless because we want to take advantage of the companion pass... We also have to fly across the country the 2nd week of April, but that may be too optimistic?

Thanks in advance for any first hand experience!

2. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Once points post, the CP is awarded. Points typically post shortly after the close date of the monthly billing cycle. Mine posts within about a week of bill close. Hope this helps!