Waikiki Hotel Deals?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Tom Green, Aug 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Tom Green

Tom Green Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey, anyone have any tips on Waikiki hotels? Would love to find a rock bottom prices. Don't we all ... LOL. There are deals to be had. If you know of them, tell me here.

2. FlyerChrisK

FlyerChrisK Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's rock bottom in your book?

viguera likes this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed... could be wildly different dependent on budget.

I've been looking for hotels for my upcoming trip in January and prices are all over the place, but it really depends on what your expectations are. You can get a good deal on the Halekulani at $500-600 a night, or the Hilton Hawaiian Village for $250 a night.

Depends completely on what you're looking for budget-wise.

4. aerodynamik
    Original Member

aerodynamik Active Member

Status Points:
    Don't have any current deals at hand, but in general recommend the Oahu Revealed reviews online: http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/oahaerials.html

I got often good prices directly at the hotel's website.

If you're staying a week longer checking out appartment rentals might be a better option.

5. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    Aqua Hotels is a moderately priced hotel group in Hawaii, with a number of properties in Waikiki. Here's a deal... $50 for the first night and as low as $89 for the next two nights, 3 night stay required:
    http://www.aquaresorts.com/landing-page/aqua-five-o/
    Here's a list of some of the other discounts they give:
    http://www.aquaresorts.com/special-packages/

Ohana Hotels is a division of Outrigger Hotels. They offer rates in Waikiki as low as $79.
    http://www.ohanahotelsoahu.com/

Hope this is helpful.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't qualify either of those as a good deal.

My past few trips I've stayed at the Park Shore Waikiki. I prefer the location and the price point. It is a very simple hotel, to be sure, but I generally find it to be a fair price for the product offered.

Just went to check for my trip in a couple weeks and it looks like the rates have been jacked up. I might be looking for a new favorite in town. :(

ETA: HHV was $179 on the night I looked. I'd say that $250 is very much not a good deal.

7. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had good luck at the Ohana (the Jimmy Buffett one next to the International Market.) It's a low-end Outrigger without the spacious restaurants and public areas, but well run. The rooms are perfectly pleasant, clean and bright, with balcony, got a $79 rate once, but it's usually higher. Pool is small and child-ridden, but you can help yourself to beach towels there to take to the beach. Also Pricelined the Prince for less than $100, but it's away from Waikiki towards the Ala Moana shopping center. Sheraton Princess Kauilani is frequently $110, 1 block from the beach, I've heard it's better than the FT reviews would have you believe.

8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I should have clarified about the room type. HHV currently has rooms "as low as" $179 right now, but obviously that's for the rock bottom "resort room"

When I was looking, the ocean front rooms on the Rainbow Tower were about $250-270 which (again, IMO) are actually a pretty good deal.