Wagamama, South King Street, Dublin, Ireland [REVIEW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by uggboy, Apr 18, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    April 2017, our dinner experiences

After watching “Don’t be afraid”, a Spanish film, at the Pearse Street Library as part of their Spanish Film Club on selected Thursdays myself and my fiancé planned for dinner and we made our way to Wagamama in South King Street, Dublin, Ireland.

We had to wait for a few minutes at the Pan-Asian restaurant, because there was a small queue of people who waited also for a table/seats to open up for them.

The restaurant was as always buzzing.

We ordered a large raw juice, a regular carrot juice, green tea, two raw salads, the grilled tuna from the Omakase section with Quinoa, red peppers, red onions and a cucumber salad and the obligatory chicken katsu. As dessert we had the chocolate wasabi cake and the banana katsu.

We enjoyed our dinner again at this newly renovated Wagamama outlet located in the heart of the Irish Capital.

Staff was warm, friendly and efficient.

The bill was 61.70 Euro (ca. 65.80 USD).

Wagamama is one of our favorite chains and we will continue to frequent this outlet and hopefully others around the world.

Would we recommend this restaurant to a friend? YES!
    Would we want to enjoy again lunch/dinner in our future at this restaurant? YES!

Thank you and safe travels. :)

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Over a decade ago, a group of us met at a Wagamama restaurant in London. Communal seating I'm assuming the Dublin branch was the same?

I don't recall anything striking about the food, a decent enough meal at a good price (considering the British Pound was quite expensive the time relative to US dollar), this said I wouldn't say the food is "authentic" Asian, more like a Westernized Asian.

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your insights. @Sweet Willie

We like Wagamama, it's budget friendly, offers a good selection of Pan-Asian meals, healthy juices, new Japanese inspired cocktails and it's as good as always buzzing at a Wagamama. The South King Street outlet in Dublin near St. Stephen's Green was recently renovated and up-scaled incl. different mood lighting concept, leather seating/communal and individual incl. single diner tables, a new bar area, new menu items and overall it feels good to be there and enjoy a good meal in a modern open kitchen setting.

When Wagamama started it was indeed much more "westernized" in their Pan-Asian dishes, but these days it's more authentic and we saw/see lots of Asians who enjoy their lunch or dinner at Wagamama incl. couples, mixed groups etc.

We recommend Wagamama and they're growing around the world too.

Cheers & Safe Travels. :)