Wackiest Travel Accessories You Can Buy

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jan 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/conde-nast-traveler/wackiest-travel-accessories_b_2432465.html

Whenever you travel, you have your essentials: your passport, your carry-on, your in-flight distraction of choice (iPad, Kindle, magazine). Then you have items that are... not so necessary, like these very odd travel gadgets and gizmos. Warning: these are for those who aren't planning on packing light.

[​IMG]

PORTABLE INFRARED SAUNA If your hotel doesn't have its own spa, but you can't live without your daily schvitz, just bring the sauna with you. The system deploys 600-watt, infrared heaters to make you work up a sweat -- you just have to be cool with looking like you're resting in the world's least comfortable sleeping bag. skymall.com, $400.

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/conde-nast-traveler/wackiest-travel-accessories_b_2432465.html

2. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the ostrich mask, but am puzzled because the text includes among the sleep hindrances the cabin temperature so I wonder if this helps in some way?

sobore likes this.
  3. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also the upright sleeper could help when you get off a 15 hour int'l flight onto a domestic MD80 and can't stay awake. That always makes my neck hurt.

sobore likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Forget traveling -- I want some of these for my office.

sobore and anabolism like this.
  5. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Girl in toaster. :p

6. FlyerTimH

FlyerTimH Active Member

Status Points:
    You might get some flack from the TSA with the walking stick. Just saying...