W Time Square, NY [Master Thread]

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Leumas, Jun 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Leumas
    Original Member

Leumas Silver Member

After my Sheraton JFK stay, I popped over to this funky (read 'expensive) hotel for one night. You can't really beat the location of this hotel - it's just off Time Square.

Check-in / lobby is on level 7. Greeted by a cheerful lady (more like a girl) :) and the 'w' (whatever) attitude comes through. Despite the location, a late checkout was offered, but unfortunately, couldn't be accepted due to my early departure. Again, I was told I've been upgraded - no suites, but it was a corner room on level 51. Staff was generally OK, nothing to complain about. Even if they didn't want to know, at least they pretended to care.

Rooms aren't particularly big, but it is NY after all... But for the price, it is very expensive. I've never been a big fan for the W brand. Coming from Australia, I don't get too many chances to stay at W's. (Australia's only W was sold and rebranded about 5 years ago.) I tried to like W's, while I don't dislike it, I just get the snobby, douche bag feeling whenever I step into a W (no offence to fans of the W). Maybe I'm just too old...

The bar on level 7 was quite a good place to hang out and the Japanese seafood restaurant (accessible on street level) was also quite good. Even if you aren't staying there, I'd still give these places a try. If you're staying, give room service a go too - the chicken wings and pizza are worth trying.

- Good service
    - Excellent location
    - Good food

- Expensive
    DeltaExpert likes this.