W San Francisco - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Jslo, Nov 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    The W San Francisco is a good hotel. The location is not distinguishing. It is a very happening spot by night, even midweek the lobby and bar area's were thumping and crowded. The restaurant was good, but not great. I had a dinner there, and a breakfast. They weren't standout meals but certainly respectable. My room may (?) have been upgraded. I personally find the room names for the W hotels too contrived and seem to have very little correlation to room size or level. So when the very nice, polite, well put together and attractive check in desk staff informed me I had been upgraded to a spectacular room (or was it a wonderful room?) I thanked them but I have no idea what that meant.

My room was nice, clean. It was creatively laid out considering the limited sq. footage of a downtown type hotel. The bathroom was roomy which I always appreciate. Nice amenities. The overall vibe of the hotel is "party" which I have found in most W's. But this particular W was even more so. I went to bed around 1AM, and at 3AM was awoken by the boisterous girls in the room next door who seemed to be arguing about one of their mother's or mother in law? I dunno but they were LOUD and I can only imagine the hangover they endured the next day.

I love San Francisco and had a nice time. This hotel was fine, but given other SPG options and the stylishly seedy level of activity in the lobby/bar area- and being awoken by the revelers- I may choose another spot next time I am in town. I have stayed in three W's now, and while I enjoyed them all the lack of Plat recognition (lounges, breakfasts, etc) and the cost make the W's less attractive to me despite the ultra hip decor and lighting. I don't think this W was quite at the level of the Hong Kong W which is probably my fav W so far.
    [​IMG]
    Note the glowing pink buddha on a stand lol
    [​IMG]
    See the small black rectangle object to the back right of the sink? It is some kind of face mud mask in a small tin sitting on a black cube and it has a sensor which I was told/warned if I picked it up would automatically register the purchase. I did not pick it up...YMMV pick it up at your own risk!
    [​IMG]
    View from room...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TRAVELSIG, sendaiben and uggboy like this.