W Doha Hotel… WOW!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I just spent two nights at the W Doha, and all I can say is WOW! I'm starting to think the W Hotel brand is actually bipolar. I'm not generally a fan of their US properties, as they're style over substance, in my experience -- I find the furnishings to be cheap, service to be bad, and elite recognition to be lacking. It's quite sad, because Hyatt's Andaz properties are among my favorite hotels to stay. In the US I actually kind of prefer aloft properties to W properties, since I find they do a much better job of managing expectations. But I've stayed at quite a few W properties internationally, and absolutely love some of them. For example, over the past year or so I've stayed at the W Taipei, W Sentosa Cove Singapore, and W Guangzhou, and they were all absolutely fantastic beyond words. They all had excellent elite recognition, gorgeous rooms, and amazing public facilities. Sadly they're such a far cry from their US counterparts. The post W Doha Hotel… WOW! appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...