Vueling: Puntos or Iberia Plus

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by tkauderer, Jun 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tkauderer

tkauderer Active Member

I fly between Germany and Spain, mostly with Vueling, not with Iberia.

- Which is the better program for me?
    - Does anybody know whether Punto will sometimes be integrated into Iberia Plus?

2. ekwist

ekwist New Member

For the moment this is a big mess. In my opinion, it is better to use Iberia flight number (IB) which if you carry a bag is not so much expensive than the Vueling (VY) rate. When booking through Iberia you can inmediately get Avios and Elite points to redeem in all the OneWorld Alliance + if you fly frequently you can get Silver or Gold status with extra advantages which cannot be used in Vueling flights but yes in other OneWorld airlines (strange but true!).
    When IAG buys Vueling in the next months, I hope Vueling will become OneWorld and the programmes will be integrated, but for the moment this is still unknown.
    I also fly Iberia and British, so in your case you will need to compare what are the advantages, but I feel more conformatble having OneWorld status than punto programme which could dissapear or have little value if Vueling ever becomes OneWorld member....