Vroom Vroom........ Alamo rental out of MSY

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by Gaucho, Sep 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering what input folks had here about this service.... I got an attractive rate for my last minute MSY rental, its a very boooring car from Alamo but it was a heck of a lot cheaper than AVIS.

Never used Vroom before, and Im no huge fan of Alamo but then, what can go wrong with a Corolla.... I guess I can expect to get a decently new car from Alamo in late September or will they be crazy busy out of MSY...????

Thanks,
    Alex

2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Crazy busy and MSY are not commonly in the same sentence! :p (unless it's Mardi Gras)

I'm not sure about the car rental scene, but I can ask for you in a week when I fly back in.

Gaucho and viguera like this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, greatly appreciated. Its good to hear it wont be crazy busy.....

I still am wondering about Vroom though.... seems like nobody has used it here before.

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:

Or Jazzfest... gets pretty busy around that time too :)

I looked at the "Vroom" limited coupon thing (I feel as silly typing that as ordering the rooty tooty from IHOP) but the price was about the same as Dollar last I went down there. I remember going with Dollar just because they had nicer cars at MSY (I ended up with a relatively clean Chrysler 300 IIRC).

Gaucho likes this.
  5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well.. the Alamo rental went well... Got a Chrysler 200 that was boooring... and not very new, but it was OK. Plus, unlimited miles, CDW and supplemental insurance included in the rate for a 5 day rental all at $221 (all taxes included) was a very decent deal indeed..... pls. consider Im not a US resident so don't have access to the rock bottom rates that would normally apply to a US based person.......

I will continue to check Vroom for future rentals.... sounds like a decent tool.

MSYgirl likes this.