Voucher.

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Dubuque75, Aug 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello forum,

I booked my flight in June and rebooked as I found a better deal in F. I am "suppose" to be receiving a voucher in the mail for the difference and they said it would be 4-6 weeks. Needless to say, it has not arrived. Should I just call c/s and be a pain until they send it? I did receive the confirmation that it was given to me, but I like to have physical proof in my hand.

Thank you.

Pickel

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call in. They can issue the PIN over the phone if you press for it.

8MiHi, Flyer1976 and IDGflygirl like this.
  3. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

Status Points:
    I talked to 3 people. They all said the same thing. Send an email to c/s........
    I negotiate deals everyday, but those "people" just won't listen. They have their rebuttals ready, even before you're done with the sentence!!

4. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

Status Points:
    I pressed and i finally got an email with the voucher and 2 free United Club passes. :)

Flyer1976 and 8MiHi like this.
  5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    It really is sad that we often have to call, hang up, call, hang up... until we get a rep with thew know-how and sense of customer service to do the right thing. One of my six unanswered complaints this year to UA was over that very practice keeping me up until 3:00 AM one night as I was trying to get out of PVD to DFW around noon the next day. My original flight was scheduled to leave at 1:30 PM. They did one of their regular schedule changes that caused my departure to be changed until 5:30 PM. I phoned in when I got the change notice a few weeks earlier, and they said there was only a super early flight or the 5:30 PM one, and I could find nothing else online myself. I took the better of the two options.

In my hotel in Providence after a long day, I checked online and found a flight that was going to DFW at 12:30 PM. Instead of connecting through ORD, it connected through IAD. I talked to three reps that told me I would have to pay something in the neighborhood of $400 to switch. On my fourth try, I finally got connected to a supervisor who "got it." I had originally been booked to leave at 1:30, so it wasn't right to charge me for going back to a previously unavailable flight closer to the originally scheduled departure time, period. Talk about unnecessarily spent energy and lost sleep time. Sheesh!

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't know they issued club passes as a token of appreciation for service recovery these days :confused: .

Good for you though!

Posted via a Russian Lektor in the hands of SPECTRE.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Intereresting, isn't it? Doesn't cost them much. A few crackers, packaged cheese, coffee and perhaps a glass of cheap wine.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  8. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

Status Points:
    The kicker is, I must of called 5 times. The last time a "lady" emailed me saying please be patient. I emailed back saying it was since June and I was patient. And that if I didn't get immediate action, I would spread the word of hate on mile point and F/T. I also threatened to email Jeff and since there has been such a huge backlash of negative response about United, I would also say her name in the email.
    Sometimes you do have to threaten. But it should never have to come to that, just do what is right the first time.

9. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    But that was the essence of the original Elite programs - give away something of value to the recipient that costs little to the airline.

Flyer1976 likes this.