Vote for our videos & we send $ to fight breast cancer

Discussion in 'OWMD (oneworld MegaDO)' started by pnoeric, Dec 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone, my Boyfriend John and I decided to make the OWMD video contest into a sort of "reverse fundraiser," so we are giving money to Susan G. Komen for the Cure for every vote we receive. We figured this would let us be shameless in asking for votes but in a lovely twist for everyone, actually do some good and help fight breast cancer. :)

So, may I please ask you to come vote for John's video and my video to help fight breast cancer. You can read a lot more about what we're doing on our blog, JohnAndEricFightCancer.com.

Remember, you can vote once per video each day, and it's all over in just 4 days (on Monday at midnight)... so if you like what we're doing please help spread the word so we can write a big fat check for a fantastic cause. (Maybe post it on your Facebook wall?) Thank you very much!

2. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    This might persuade me but you are too vague about the "giving money" part. You should name a dollar amount you will be donating per vote.

3. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Corey-- we actually do name an amount in our "what's it all about?" letter, but it's a bit buried, I know. We say a quarter per vote, which means we're giving 50c per day for your two clicks.

Additionally, John and I say that if AA picks one of our videos as the grand-prize winner, we'll double the final figure. (Hey, it could happen!)

Bottom line, for about 15 seconds to go click, click (one vote on each video) you've giving at least 50c to Susan G. Komen for the Cure... and possibly $1. And you can do that for each of the remaining voting days. I hope this opportunity to give "free money" to a great cause is persuasive enough! ;-)

John and I picked Susan G. Komen for the Cure not only because we're both familiar with the organization and it's the "official charity" of the OWMD, but also because both our mothers battled cancer (in fact, John lost his mother to cancer). It's something important to us personally.

(Incidentally, from here on out we don't anticipate significant changes in the top 5, so at this point we believe we're just trying to give away money to a good cause.)

We think this is a pretty good "win win" for everyone: for each two clicks of yours, it's just a little more real money for an organization doing really good work, and it adds up. And, in addition to getting some votes on our videos, we get to write a check to a great charity we really believe in, which makes us happy. Hope you agree.

4. Robt760

Robt760 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You've at 401 now. I've been voting for a few days now....I hope it helps.

5. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely-- thank you very much! Every vote helps, and makes a difference (and means more money we're sending to charity). Totally appreciate it. And today's the last day to vote, so please, throw us two more clicks if you don't mind! :)

6. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a quick update-- the voting has closed and John and I are waiting to hear final results from AA. Thank you so much to everyone who voted! I'll be posting updates on the blog, http://JohnAndEricFightCancer.com.

7. Robt760

Robt760 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like you're the winner. Congratulations !!

FlyIce likes this.
  8. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks a bunch! It was fun making the video and even more fun knowing that the votes helped raise money for Susan G. Komen... the fact that you voted for us definitely contributed to the bottom line and we're thrilled to be sending $420 to a fantastic charity. Thanks again.

FlyIce and drewbles like this.