Visit to the Seattle CS cente to say THANK YOU! as they depart to new centers (see inside)

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by DLroads, Apr 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DLroads
    Original Member

DLroads Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello all,

As you know (either here or from our sister site), DL CS in SEA will be closing on 8/31. Employees will be relocating to many other centers, including ones that serve the elite lines. We are planning a thank you visit. Your job: respond (to the date specifications), and attend!
    Can't attend? make sure to sign in advance the thank you notes. Remember- during IRROPS, they are watching YOUR back :)

So, for details:
    (a) July 27, 2012, FRIDAY.

(b) Catering: We got the suggested menu, and workout plan for staff members with special dining req. For the rest, we get some good stuff (don't worry, only the best for the SEA group and the visitors).

(c) Thank you notes: We will have small personalized thank you notes for all employees, so that they can put near their table at the new location as well. Would not that be nice when you call a service line, and the person answering saying "thank you Joanna, I was so happy to read your card" ?
    Don't worry- you do not need to sign all of them, but we will divide the load for some personal signing.

Remember, what do we need?
    OK, first- attend! plan to attend! that's the important part (make it a weekend in Seattle...even better)
    second, we will need help filling in those personalized greeting cards to the employees. Who knows? one of them may help you on your next IRROPS...
    third, well... details will follow.

rwoman likes this.
  2. DLroads
    Original Member

DLroads Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mark your schedules, hold phone calls, save the date-- Friday, July 27, 2012

Good evening all,

Thank you for your patient, and follow up. Let's start with the most important part:

Mark the date- Friday, July 27, 2012 will be the visit date of flyertalk in the SEA Customer Service Center. Our opprotunity to say THANK YOU in person to the dedicated members who always watch for our travel needs. I know you want to be there!

(A logo would show up here late, what is an event without a logo?)

What's in the special activities plan?

Well, different things are in the works. But, the most important is that we will have the opprotunity to be there and thank the staff. They are LOOKING FORWARD to see us. After all, they have been 'dealing' with us for a while, and with a great smile.

We know that flyertalkers want/like to get some 'hands on' experience, such as the one Richard had--
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrZmg...feature=relmfu
    Or the one Ed had--
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V908R...feature=relmfu

Any takers? [​IMG]

More?
    There is more to come. Please stay tuned (organizing DO's is not easy, why didn't anyone tell me that?)

Registration information would follow here (The usual, pricing, suggested donation, schedule, etc... housekeeping 'stuff' that makes it all look smooth and running even if it does not...)

Paypal:
    I have received PM's and emails regarding the option to donate for the event even if not attending. I am very greatful for the offering, and all funds would be used to say thank you to the dedicated staff. If you cannot attend but still wish to contribute to our thank you event to the dedicated seattle group, you may do so using paypal to :

searocks2012@gmail.com

Canarsie (Thank you), as a respected member of the forum has agreed to serve as my "second opinion/advisor/verifier" (How would we define it exactly?--- The "DO" MENTOR! , Thank you DHalltheway) for all expenses. Thank you again Canarsie for your willingness to bring your time, experience and expertise to the cause. [​IMG]

I have created the account and made it paypal verified earlier this week (May 7, if I recall correctly)
    [​IMG]

https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/p...%40gmail%2ecom

Hotel info:
    We are working on it, to be followed. Remember, it is also a function of the demand (so if you are planning on using it, please pm me so I can 'estimate the demand)

Korean:
    Did I remind that I am still short of one Korean speaker to help me with the thank you cards in Korean? If not, that's the time to remind.
    Other logistic issues:
    Individuals who identify themselves as Japanese, Mandarin and Cantonese speakers, please expect to receive PM's tomorrow morning.

Well, more will follow, as we are looking forward to get into Seattle.

Thank you all,

DLroads

rwoman likes this.
  3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did not mention this in the other thread, but thanks for working on this. The employees at SEA, whether TAs, lounge attendants, GAs, or of course the call center folks, truly do rock.

No real chance to commit at this point, but I'll definitely look at attending if possible.

rwoman likes this.
  4. DLroads
    Original Member

DLroads Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good morning all,

As we are getting [slowly] ready to the SEA thank you DO, I wanted to provide an update to our international visitors.

Our dedicated fellows at Air France/KLM were also served by the Seattle Center over the years. We are all part of the skyteam family. AF/KL is offering a discounted travel from Europe, the middle east, and the rest of the world (in other words, outside of the US/Canada/Mexico) to Seattle, WA for the event.
    Travel validity dates are very generous, with about 12 days included to travel. It allows you to also bring your family or close friends with you, and also to extend your stay in the Seattle area or elsewhere.

Please Click Here[/URL] to directly reach the booking website for the international travel. The discount rate is very nice and it varies between classes of service, and fare levels (so naturally, discounted fares get smaller additional discount, and flex fares get more).

IMHO, you get good deals at the PV level. If you end up using SWU's as well somehow... well, ;)
    So, you can go ahead and click on the logo to get to the globalmeetings website with the event code. Just follow the process.
    [​IMG]
    Once again, big big thank you to our dedicated AF/KL skyteam fellow airline for helping us all say thank you to the Seattle CS group. We are one group, and I am very pleased that they are willing to help our non-local visitors to attend. :)

Remember: when you book the international travel, you will receive along with your e-ticket confirmation a single PDF page that contains details of the event (event code, T&C, etc.) which you need to keep with you until your return. Technically, at any point during the travel, an AF/KL agent may request to see that page (which serves as a confirmation that you are eligible to use the fare), but most likely they won't need it- as the event code allows them to see all related details. Nonetheless- rules are rules, make sure to print it out as well. Our event ID is 16275AF

(if people are planning on making MR around it or seeing an opprotunity to do so and also use the link to book a EU departure, I cannot stop them, I think... after all, getting from ATL to CDG reroute to AMS in order to go to SEA and back same way is the most logical way that comes to mind, don't you think?:D )

Can't attend but still wish to donate to the event and the thank you cards, etc.?
    please paypal to searocks2012@gmail.com
    (paypal verified)

or pm me (or email to the same email above) for other options/address to send check, etc.

rwoman likes this.
  5. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Avec plaisir, monsieur!

Wait a minute — I am respected here at milepoint.com?!?

6. DLroads
    Original Member

DLroads Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you are! maybe I should create an "Obama like" poster for you...

rwoman likes this.
  7. DLroads
    Original Member

DLroads Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good morning/afternoon/evening all,
    Thank you for standing on the right side of right. Our meeting event code is:

NME6U
    (Nancy, Maria, Edward, the number six, Uncle)
    Please make sure to put that code on delta.com in the field "Meeting Event Code" (Please follow below for an example).
    This code would provide you a very nice discount-
    10% for all fully flexible, first class, and business class fares (Y,C,D,I,S,J,P,A,F...go rock)
    5% on all discounted economy fares (K,Q,H,M,B... go party)
    Sorry, no discount on deep discounted fares (elut... sorry, we could not get any extra on this one)
    I checked the code and verified it is working. Please remember that the discount is from the base fare (not the taxes), so it works out to be ~4.9%-9.8%. Though, in certain cases, it may actually work out to be slightly above the discount rate. Why? well, can't really explain it, but I have hypotheses. Also, please notice that occasionally, the jump between fare classes (e.g. K to Q) would end up being at a single digit for the RT (I tried few routes and sometimes it was a different of less than 6 dollars). For those who really like calculating the UG chances, etc. that would be a nice game. Also note that it's possible that some of you may assert that 'M' fare jump (150% MQM) is worthwhile. YMMV.
    Remember:
    All applicable fare rules apply- so you are eligible for miles, bonus miles, MQM, upgrades, upgrades with miles, ecert (yes, with post 12/15 rules if you have a post 12/15 certificate...) and generally, everything that you can do under the normal fare rule(s), you can do even with the event code, AS LONG AS you stay in the range of dates
    (ok, I already know someone would ask- if your last flight leaves 8/1/2012 at 11:59pm and lands 8/2/2012, you are eligible for the discount code because your last flight is in the 'date range').
    Illustration:
    A graphical illustration with the guidelines is also provided here... but you can all probably do it faster and better.
    [​IMG]
    You can use your elite lines 800 numbers to book and most agents should know how to do it. However, if you will end up calling Delta Meeting reservations [at 800 328 1111 Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CDT], you will have to pay a direct ticketing fee for booking, even if you are a Diamond... So, my advice- try first the delta.com option, and then your favorite booking agent or the elite line. They sadly have no waiver for that on the group event line.
    So, let's summarize:
    Booking domestic-
    Our meeting event code is NME6U. Find your 'mix', book it, enjoy the discount
    Once you book, I ask that you will email me at searocks2012@gmail.com (our event email) with:
    Userhandle, Name, ticket #/conf# (either or both), dates of travel, flight #
    e.g.
    DLroads, Rolling Stone, 006123456789101, 7/25/2012-7/30/2012, DL 134-DL987
    Why? no special reason, but some people REALLY want to do EVERYTHING to make sure your flights are as smooth and enjoyable as possible. I wonder why?;)
    Yes, you can bring family and friends to Seattle area and make it a long weekend/vacation using the event code. It is even encouraged, you all deserve vacation sometimes, and the weather in Seattle late July is really nice! Same applies for the international travelers to the event
    (Note: I can see the international booking 'near real time' while I cannot see the domestic real time. So, when you book domestic travel please email me soon.)

I do remind you that registration fee information would follow, and that we tentatively request that you will be 'airport ready' on 7/27 ( no liquids) because we are trying to add an airport tour.
    Thank you all, now go book your travel!

DLroads[/img][/URL]

rwoman likes this.
  8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL would not give me the discount on an A fare. The symbol showed when delta.dumb displayed the flight choices, but the fare was exactly the same as when I searched without logging in and without using the code. I called the booking office (not the DM line) at the number given above, was put on hold while the agent apparently talked with a supervisor, and then she said that because A gets the upgrade, it's already some sort of special discount fare. I said that A was in the list for our discount fare codes and every A fare books into a FC seat, so it could not be the case that other A fares would be able to get the discount by this criterion.

rwoman likes this.
  9. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes, the issues related to A fares (among others) just baffles me...:confused:

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just discovered that it's doing the same thing for P fares as the fare I was looking at was A in one direction and P in the other.

11. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a reason it's called delta.dumb and not delta.rational

MSPeconomist and TravelerRob like this.