Vision Airlines sale $19 each way 3/21 - 3/24/2011

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | North America' started by SC Flier, Mar 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Vision Airlines is based in Destin, FL. From what I understand, this sale will be for fares through around May 21. Sale starts at midnight tonight.

On Twitter:
    "Go 2 the Beach for $19! Inaugural Flight Fare Sale begins at 12:01 AM. $19 1-way seats. Sale ends 3/24. www.visionairlines.com for details!"

2. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've never heard of Vision before...but it seems they've been in operation for quite some time according to their website. It also says they have 767-200s (2 versions to boot)! With a route map with pretty much all southeast US flights...anyone know what they use the 76s for? I'm assuming charters? They even show a 3-cabin configuration!

3. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    International spy swaps in Vienna!

They are entirely a charter and tour operation until their first commercial flights begin on March 25.

This $19 sale has been extended a few more days. Now ends 3/27.

4. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Ahh that makes so much sense! Thanks for the info!

5. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    The biggest problems that I see with Vision Airlines right now is their flight frequency, schedules, and lack of connections. For example, flights to and from CAE are only on Monday mornings/midday and Friday evenings. And there's really no such thing as a connecting flight sold by them. They only sell flights which don't require changing planes.

So from CAE, I could fly nonstop to or from VPS on Mon or Fri. The 1-stop flight to SFB (Orlando/Sanford) is only on Monday with a return on Friday. So flying them to Orlando is not an option for a weekend.

The amazing thing for CAE, though, is that they are flying 737s that must hold 148+ passengers. Next to a few of the DL flights, those are the only jets at CAE which aren't Barbie jets -- and CAE actually has a pretty good number of routes among all the airlines.

Their big market is to sell air/hotel packages.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is also how SkyBus started and I'm pretty sure that JetBlue did, too, though not 100% (with JFK as the hub). Plopping a full airline network down isn't something that can happen overnight.

8. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    A difference that you pointed out, though, is that JetBlue had a very attractive hub in JFK. I'm just doubting how many people they can get to even half-fill the planes to VPS.