Visa Signature Luxury Collection - Receive Stay Credits and Points?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by TAHKUCT, Jul 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will booking via Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection http://www.visasignaturehotels.com will earn Hyatt Points and Hyatt stay credits upon stay completion?

I used Amex FHR in the past and did earn points and stay credits via that program, but what about Visa?

uggboy and tondoleo like this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Tahkuct. I hope you are well. It should. Have you considered using Virtuoso. Sometimes their benfits are better than VSLHC.

TAHKUCT and uggboy like this.
  3. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I previously confirmed with Visa Sig and a Westin that I would earn SPG pts and stay credit, as well as get elite benefits on a stay. I noted my SPG number in the Comments section, and then called the hotel to confirm...they told me they already put it into the system.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Visa collection, FHR, virtuoso and ritz stars bookings all earn points/stay credits at their respective hotels.

5. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be nice if there were a directory which listed, by hotel, in which program they participate and what the benefits are at that hotel

NYBanker and TAHKUCT like this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do use a Virtuoso agent for certain bookings, however properties I had in mind are not part of Virtuoso. I was looking at Andaz Fifth ave and Andaz Wall Street. These properties also do not participate with FHR.

7. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is nice to know.

NYBanker likes this.
  8. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would be great, but I think they want to make our bookinbgs more challenging and for us to hunt a good deal. Just to book a simple hotel in NYC I have to check prices at individual properties or chain websites with different discount codes, then check FHR rate, then check Virtuoso rate and now Visa Signature! :eek:

9. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank goodness for the internet, right?! I am happy that I can make travel bookings without using the phone and newspaper ads.

For the Westin booking, I was initially skeptical b/c it was a prepaid rate. I had always thought prepaids were not a good sign for getting elite credit and benefits, but it was slightly different b/c it was refundable.

Also, Visa Sig deals could be the best deal for some cities b/c one of the benefits includes comp. valet parking or internet access. This could be $35-50/nt for some cities (SF, NY, Chicago), but useless for others (Las Vegas). Obv, elite status takes care of internet, but no loyalty program confirms free parking.

TAHKUCT likes this.